What happens when the fun and butterfly stages of your relationship fizzles? Well, you fall dangerously in love again and make your relationship work to be a happy couple.
As a journalist I have heard a lot of different love stories of many couples. Some horrifying and others magical. I have learned that what spices up relationships differs from couple to couple and there is no specific formula to make things work with your partner. Being in love is a great feeling, but like any other thing that you strive to succeed in you need to work hard at it. I don’t think that my favourite and inspirational couple, Connie and Shona Ferguson are immune to problems. I believe it’s how they choose to love each other unconditionally that makes them the powerhouse couple they are. With that said developing and maintaining positive habits will make your relationship go a long way. Below are habits, from my experience and observations, you should maintain to have a happy, lasting relationship:
- Respect: This habit is not only beneficial for the longevity of your relationship with your partner but with everyone else. No one wants to be associated with crappy people, if you are; your relationship is headed for a disastrous end.
- Communication: Unless your partner is a mind reader communication is very important. Address your concerns instead of sweeping them under the carpet. Importantly compliment each other and express your love for each other often.
- Show appreciation: Acknowledge everything your partner does for you, no matter how small it might be. This strengthens your commitment to each other.
- Quality vs. quantity: Whether you have a 30-minute lunch break or spend the whole weekend with your man the most important thing is making the most of the time you have together. Create deep connections when you are together instead of allowing distractions, like social media to come between you.
- Please don’t judge me: ‘And I won’t judge you.’ Singer, Chris Brown couldn’t have sung it better. There is no such thing as a perfect man. He will have characteristics you don’t like; the trick is to measure whether you are truly happy in the relationship and if his great qualities outweigh his not so great traits. Chances are you are not 100% what he desires too because no one is perfect. But genuine love for each should be the glue that holds your relationship together.
What other habits do you have as a couple that keep you happy?
Heⅼlߋ there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my twitter group?
There’s a lot of people that І think would really appreciate your content.
Please ⅼet me know. Many thanks