There’s a dress for every occasion and season, even winter. When donned and layered right, you can still turn heads while keeping warm. Here’s how
I personally hate winter, but I love how the season makes up for the cold and short days with its fashion. There isn’t anything you can’t try on and layer up, especially dresses, no matter how short or long they are. Here are five ways to dress up your winter wardrobe:
- Wear them with black tights: My personal signature style, I feel nothing commands power and style like black tights with any dress you wear, especially if it’s short or just below the knees. This season, try to go for neutral colours, such as grey, fawn, and brown to add that classic look. No matter the look you choose, try not to choose bright colours.
- Invest in a long jacket: A long jacket adds a great layer of warmth and class to your look. A pair of high heels will add another element of glam to your look.
- How about over-the-knee-boots? Okay, I have never tried this look before but I dared myself to try it this season. Experienced fashion bloggers and stylists do swear by this look, and as my style muses, I trust their dress codes!
- Wear your dress underneath a long turtleneck: A turtleneck is stylish on its own, so layering up with it with a short-sleeve dress is a great winter statement. Depending on how plain your dress is, accessorise your outfit with big, bold necklaces and finish your look with a stylish bag.
- Accessorise: Nothing finishes off a look than accessories, such as winter hats, scarves, gloves and faux fur collars. Not only do they keep you warm, but also glam up your dress outfit.
No matter your fashion style, don’t let winter stop you from looking and feeling your best. Hope these tips will get you through the week…and the season.
Image source: collegefashionista.com