Being driven has its perks, but not all days are the same as there are bumps along the way that can weigh you down. Choosing to be positive is an important trait that makes life a pleasant experience.
For a long time, I read spiritual books, such as The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. I was a skeptic because I thought life happened to us and not necessarily because of our consistent thoughts. Over the years I have accepted this teaching and have accepted that somehow we are co-creators of the lives we are living through our thoughts and words. Whether we like it or not, the law of gravity exists, and so does the law of attraction. The great news about this is that you can use this knowledge to your own advantage. While others sadly believe that they deserve the negative situations they face daily you can choose to live the greatest life only your mind and imagination can stretch to. Millions of people have attested that they are living a great life, are in happy marriages or with amazing business partners and colleagues because they have visualised these through positive affirmations, vision boards, and faith. No matter what you are facing today you can turn it around with the power of your thoughts. This is how you can become- and remain positive:
- Speak/ write positive affirmations: Words are a very powerful force that either create or destroy. Create a positive outcome of your life with positive affirmations. Write down positive things you are grateful for in your notebook and what you wish to have and repeat them every day. We, Christians call it prayer.
- Have a vision board: every company has a vision and so should you. Where do you see yourself in the next year, or in the future? If a CEO title, wealth, health, happy family is what you aim for, create a vision board with pictures and quotes of those things and place it where you can see it every day. Say what you want daily with faith and leave the rest to God to bring those things to you.
- Have faith: to best explain this, have an attitude of expectancy. Expect something bad to happen and it will. So why not expect good things to happen, especially when you going through certain challenges currently?
- Stop worrying: Not only does constant worry make you age faster; it also affects your appetite, relationships, and job performance. Rather take control over what you can and refuse to be anxious over things that are beyond your control. You might not get that business deal and promotion now, or your relationship might be on the rocks, but learn to let go and trust that things will go well. Above everything else only you can control your actions and reactions.
- Surround yourself with positive people: This cannot be emphasised enough. You are the company you keep, and if you find yourself drained and your self-esteem knocked out each time you are with certain people, it’s time to let them out of your life. Choose to be with people who are driven, who love life and want to excel in all areas of their lives and you will see wonders happen in your life. Also, read many motivational books and quotes, and make positive music and podcasts your daily companion.
- Celebrate your milestones: no matter how small an achievement is, like having a ten-minute meeting with your role model, celebrate it and be grateful. Being thankful for every good thing that happens in your life attracts more abundance. Be sure to thank God for every good thing you have every day
How do you remain positive every day and what are you grateful for?