John Legend’s music career has earned him a lot of nods and fans from around the world over the years. These are top 10 things I love about him:
Although John Legend has been around for years, I really paid attention to him when he released his global love anthem, “All of Me,” from his 2013 album Love in the Future. Since then I have been a fan, and follow his career and his love life with his beautiful wife, Chrissy Teigen. When I heard he was returning to South Africa, I couldn’t contain my excitement, and I am looking forward to his show this Saturday. Beyond his vocal talents, this is what inspires me about the global legend that’s headed to South Africa this weekend.
- The singer always knew he wanted to be a musician from an early age.
- He has penned songs for top artists such as Janet Jackson and apparently wrote his hit single, Ordinary people, for the Black Eyed Peas.
- He loves reading, especially non-fiction books.
- He is known to be a feminist [What a turn on]
- It is also reported that apart from making music, charitable and social causes keep him busy.
- He became a dad for the first time at age 37 (in 2016). It’s nice to know that not all men feel the need to plant their ‘seed’ everywhere.
- His latest album, Darkness and Light, which has one of my favourite singles, Love me Know, was streamed over 12 million times in the first week of its release.
- His marriage to longtime girlfriend, Christy Teigen is just too adorable and makes me believe in love.
- I love the fact that one of my favourite South African singers, Shekinah Donnel will be his support act during his tour in Joburg. [Keep slaying girl]
- Importantly, he is just way too hot and vocally gifted. [A weakness for me]
Be sure to catch John Legend live on the following dates :
Friday 3rd November 2017
Saturday 4th November 2017
Ticket Price: R515 – R1140
Tuesday 7th November 2017
Moses Mabhida Stadium
Ticket Price: R375 – R855
Thursday 9th November 2017
Friday 10 November 2017
Grand West, Grand Arena
Ticket Price: R515 – R1085