Brunch is the new breakfast and one of the hottest current trends on the global culinary scene! Why have one meal when you can put breakfast and lunch together?
Are you near Braamfontein in Joburg? Then make sure you clear your diary for yet another great culinary experience. Brunch – a new curated food and beverage experience – launches at Braamfontein’s Bannister Hotel (9 De Beer Street), directly opposite the bustling neighbourhoods of Market, on Saturday, June 24, 2017.
Tantalise your taste buds from these three options from the food menu (which runs from June 24 to July 22):
- Flapjack Stack with toasted almonds and strawberries
- House-made honey granola with creamy Greek yoghurt topped with fresh berries, coconut ﬂakes, chia seeds, candied walnuts and edible flowers
- Shrimp and grits with corn salsa
- Curried tofu tacos
- Cajun tater tots served with cheese, chipotle, scrambled eggs and black bean salsa
This will be accompanied by the choice of two (bottomless) cocktails:
- Absolut Negroni
- Singapore Sling (made with Beefeater Gin)
- Strongbow warm cider
Event curator, Hardy McQueen of MANGERmanje says, “We have our pulse on what is happening in food trends globally and wanted to transport these experiences to a local audience.” There will be three two-hour brunch seatings (at 10 am, 12 pm and 2 pm) and the cost is R295 per person excluding gratuity.
There will be further brunches every Saturday throughout the year. The menu changes monthly and will reflect seasonal fare and availability of produce.
Book tickets now on https://www.quicket.co.za/events/30882-brunch/#/
Follow MANGERmanje on social media: