No matter how small your business is, a digital presence has never been more important for your credibility and success. Here’s how to successfully create an e-mail marketing strategy for your business:
The fact is people don’t want to read about things that sell more than they do add value. People want to read about things that speak directly to their needs and wants; and not marketers pushing products and services in their faces.
This is how to add email marketing to your strategy:
- Ensure there is an opt-in and an opt-out option- to your newsletters for obvious reasons.
- Personalise your emailers by automating them with their names. Make it look like they are the only person getting the email and not just a name with an email address on an excel spreadsheet.
- Don’t have scheduled times for emailers. Email only when you have something valuable to share.
- Use your own name as the signature instead of the company name. Although you are trying to grow your brand, emails are more effective when people think they’re personal.
- People love to be inspired. A quote or a good story (not too long) to brighten their day and give them hope keeps them coming back for more. We have enough bad news and instructions on how to live.
- Keep it short- people are busy- get to the point and get there quickly.
- Write naturally… Trying to sound too smart, or deep, or “better than thou” is a turnoff. Conversational writing is more relatable.
- Remember- It is not about you. You are writing to people that have their own life dynamics, they’re own interests. Use words that are not as much about you, but more about them.
- Have a clear Call To Action- Answer the question “So what?” at the end of each email.
Words: Dimakatso Moloantoa, founder of AMARI Marketing.
Contact: 079 499 6415
Facebook: AMARI Marketing
LinkedIn: AMARI Marketing