Looking for a delicious and simple culinary idea to try this evening? Chef Nono has you covered with this delicious maize balls recipe
By now, it should be obvious that chef Nono is one of my favourite chefs. There’s no recipe that I haven’t tried that disappointed. If you hosting friends this week, why not try this mouth-watering recipe?
* 100g beef mince
* 4 tbsp chopped coriander
* 3 eggs
* Salt and pepper, to taste
* 1 cup Iwisa maize meal, cooked to form a smooth, stiff pap
* Vegetable oil, to deep-fry
* 1½ cups breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. In a bowl, combine the beef, coriander and one egg, and season. Roll into small balls and place on a greased baking tray. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside to cool.
3. Coat your hands in oil (to prevent the food sticking to them) and flatten a tablespoon of pap into your palm. Place a meatball in the centre and then shape the pap to encase the filling. Repeat. Place on an oiled plate. Refrigerate for half an hour.
4. Whisk the remaining two eggs in a small bowl. Put the breadcrumbs into a separate bowl. Coat each ball in egg and then breadcrumbs.
5. Heat the oil in a pot over high heat and deep-fry the balls for one minute, until golden. Drain on paper towel.
7. Serve the maize-meal balls with the dipping of your choice.
Connect with Chef Nono on: