Kick start the year 2020 on a positive note, by setting simple and achievable goals for yourself. Here are seven goals to set for yourself this year
Life without a plan can seem meaningless. We all have dreams to fulfil and goals to meet. If you don’t know what goal to have this year, here are our suggested things to tick off your bucket list:
- Learn a new hobby: what you do in your own down time can determine how far you can go in life. Good hobbies can keep you fit, help you meet new people and even help make extra income. With that said, why not learn something new this year? From another language, to baking, joining a running club or start a blog.
- Further your skills: It’s not rocket science that education can be expensive in South Africa, but there are other affordable online options that can boost your CV and confidence. Visit www.educate24.co.za/e24 for options to choose from.
- Meditate regularly: to put it simply, meditation is training your mind to focus or being aware of your thoughts. There are endless benefits to meditation, like relaxation, controlling anxiety, lengthening your attention span and improving the quality of your sleep.
- Aim to achieve at least one goal: We all have dreams we want to achieve, and sometimes, challenges can be overwhelming. But revisit your list of goals and strive to achieve at least one of them.
- Read more: A survey of adults’ reading behaviour, published in theconversation.com in 2018, found that most spent an average of four hours per week reading compared to 7.5 hours per week watching TV or DVDs. We are simply not a reading nation, which is problematic. Busy as life can get, set aside at least 30 minutes a day to read, either a book or a magazine.
- Go offline: What would life be without our smart phones and the internet? Even so, learn to discipline yourself to not browse through your phone, the web or social media in the evenings and even on weekends. You need to rest as much as you can, and we all know that our devices can distract us from that.
- Be kinder to yourself: learn to cut yourself some slack. The world is harsh enough. This year, forgive yourself, do what makes you happy, and celebrate every milestone, no matter how small it is.
What goals have you set for this year? Share in the comments below: